Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Parent's Worst Nightmare


Seven year old Savannah Martin drowned in a pond 50 yards from her home.  This, my friends is the fear of every parent of a child with autism.  Many autistic children are drawn to water.....as is my son Jackson.  Every year, especially in the summer we read at least a handful of headlines about children with autism drowning.  It breaks my heart.  I can't imagine the pain that this family is enduring.  I pray that God will give them strength and guidance in the days to come.  Rest in peace Savannah.

2 comments:

  1. Kasey - I can't even think about Jack when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Ang....but I do think about it all the time because he is so drawn to water. Whenever I hear of another autistic child drowning it shakes me to the core :(

    ReplyDelete