Sunday, March 20, 2011

Normal


So as I look at people's pictures that they upload to facebook, I would be lying if I said I wasn't envious.  Yes, it is one of the deadly sins.....and maybe envious isn't the right word, but I'm not sure what is.  I see the pictures of birthday parties and play dates and I want it.  I want it more than you could ever know.  I just want our lives to to be normal.  Now, I realize that even though the pictures look nice and everyone is having fun...it doesn't mean that all is well and that their life is "normal."  What IS normal anyway, right?  I am very thankful for what God has given me, and I love my family very much.  But I so badly want to go to the grocery store without fear of a meltdown.  I want to hear my children argue...yes....that is normal....right?  I want to get in the car on a whim without thinking about whether he my son can handle it.  I want to go to restaurants and let him order off of the kiddie menu.  THAT is what I mean when I say I want normal.  I realize my life may never be that way, but a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment